Great news! $80 million is the amount CEX.IO has processed in terms of card withdrawals and deposits. It coincides with another considerable milestone of ours — 800,000 accounts created so far. We envision this growth as a result of many useful and unique features launched this year.
Card Payments as the Favored Option for Bitcoin Purchase
CEX.IO was one of the pioneer exchanges to launch Bitcoin purchase with VISA or MasterCard. The service operates globally and accepts debit and credit cards regardless of the currency they are issued in.
With this option, user experience of Bitcoin purchase hardly differs from buying goods and services on the web. It therefore is the most beloved feature by our customers.
By introducing instant withdrawals to credit cards, we saw even more growth in card transactions on CEX.IO. Thus, since May 17th, we doubled the amount of card transactions, from $40 million to $80 million in just half a year.
What We Have Launched in 2016
2016 has been an exciting year for us, saturated with multiple launches and improvements. Here is what we have done throughout the year:
- Instant withdrawals. This feature allows immediate cashing out fiat funds (like EUR or GBP) to VISA/MasterCard.
- PCI DSS compliance upgrade. CEX.IO completed another PCI DSS check and upgraded respective certificate to a higher level.
- Multi-signature addresses. All Bitcoin deposit addresses changed to multi-signature and thus, are now more secure.
- Referral Program. Become CEX.IO affiliate and get 30% payouts of the fee on purchases of referred users.
- ETH trading pairs. Our buy/sell interface for beginners was extended with ETH market, allowing to purchase ETH using credit cards.
- Variable trade fee. Taker fee is based on monthly trading volume for takers. Maker fee is permanently set to 0% on all pairs.
- Margin trading for BTC/USD and ETH/BTC. Professional traders can now take advantage of trading with 1:2 and 1:3 leverages on our platform.
Plans for 2017
In 2017, CEX.IO will deliver more improvements to its current services by lowering fees, launching new trading tools and outstanding products.