We’re closely following the events currently impacting the U.S. banking system, and we understand that you may have concerns about this past weekend’s shutdown of Signature Bank.
However, we’d like to reassure you that all funds held with CEX.IO are safe. No dollars were lost as the result of this event.
With that confirmed, here are some important details about the impact to our services:
1. Your funds are fully accessible and available for withdrawal and trade. You can withdraw your fiat via all methods, including card, SWIFT, and domestic wire.
2. To prevent transaction disruptions, we are temporarily pausing bank deposits for U.S. customers via SWIFT and domestic wire.
3. All other deposit methods, including cards, GooglePay, ApplePay, Trustly, PayPal, etc. remain fully operational.
4. Crypto transactions are also fully operational.
Here’s what’s next:
1. We’re monitoring the situation with Signature Bank very closely, and will provide updates on any changes that may affect our services as soon as possible.
2. We are considering reconfiguration of our banking rails and alternative banking solutions, and will inform you of developments in a separate communication as soon as decisions are made.
3. Please keep an eye on your inbox for updates from CEX.IO, in case of changes to bank details or the availability of individual services.
The safety and security of customer funds is always our top priority. Our mission is to safely connect people to opportunities in cryptocurrencies and decentralized finance, serving as a guide alongside their personal journey. We take this responsibility seriously. We value the trust you place in us. There are no shortcuts in our operations or ethics.