At CEX.IO, we’re always striving to ensure the highest level of transparency with our customers. So we’d like to inform you about a specific rule applied to Visa card withdrawals in GBP.
When you withdraw your GBP from CEX.IO to a Visa card, please note that the total withdrawn in GBP to the Visa card may not exceed the total deposits made to CEX.IO from this card within the last three months.
Consider the following examples:
- From September 1, 2018, through December 1, 2018, you deposited £1,000 using your Visa card. This means that you may not withdraw more than £1,000 to this card.
- You have deposited £1,000 using your Visa card during the last three months and you have already withdrawn £800. This means that the maximum you may still withdraw to your Visa card is £200.
If your withdrawal request exceeds this limit, your transaction will be rejected by the system.
If you have several cards tied to your account, please keep in mind that the limit for each card will be calculated based on the amount you’ve deposited with that particular card.
We understand that this may cause inconvenience, but using payment cards remains the easiest and fastest way to send money to and from CEX.IO.
Using cards on CEX.IO
When depositing and withdrawing funds with your Mastercard and Visa cards, you get:
- Almost instant transaction processing. Card deposits and withdrawals are processed within three business days.
- A trusted and simple payment method.
- Secure and compliant payment processing.
- The opportunity to use a card in your local currency.
- An option to send comparatively low amounts.
We’re grateful for your loyalty and hope that this clarification concerning GBP withdrawals will help you to have an even better experience with CEX.IO.