🗓 A new month is here and we’re here again sharing the digest of the monthly publication in the media about us. Check it out:
- Security — how to protect from hijacking;
- Upcoming plans — see what we’re preparing for our customers in the nearest future;
- Crypto regulation and adoption — how countries are shaping regulatory frameworks seeing digital payments as the future;
- Market analytics — traditional finance and crypto market trends.
It’s going to be interesting. Hence, without further ado — let’s get to reading! 🤓
▶️ Over the past few days, news of a recently discovered malware called KryptoCibule has been actively spreading on the net. Researchers at cybersecurity firm ESET who discovered the malicious agent have called it a “triple threat” for cryptocurrencies, due to how it functions.
The malware installs an app and uses the victim’s hardware resources to mine coins, tries to directly hijack wallet files as well as replace the wallet address in the clipboard to hack separate transactions.
How are users of cryptocurrencies supposed to protect their wallets from such threats? What else should they watch out for if they want to keep their funds and data safe? Here is what several experts have to say on the matter. Dmytro Volkov, CTO at CEX.IO, shared his opinion.
🚀 Upcoming plans
▶️ Our goal is to provide CEX.IO customers one-click access to the most popular DeFi solutions and activities, such as borrowing, lending, and yield farming, in the near future.
Ahead of the upcoming one-click DeFi access feature, we’ll list major decentralized finance tokens and offered instant, zero-fee Visa card deposits. Hope you didn’t miss it! So here are the tokens to be listed soon:
- UniSwap (UNI)
- Aave (LEND)
- Yearn.Finance (YFI)
- Compound Finance (COMP)
- Balancer (BAL)
- Curve DAO Token (CRV)
- Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC)
- SushiSwap (SUSHI)
- Cream Finance (CREAM)
- 0x (ZRX)
… and others! Read more about the plans 👉
⚖️ Crypto regulation and adoption
▶️ A look at the legal status of crypto in Asia, where new crypto hubs are emerging and thriving despite uneven regulation. When most people hear about buying Bitcoin (BTC) or other cryptocurrencies, they immediately think of the largest exchanges, most of which are located in Asia. Today, countries such as China and South Korea have become epicenters of blockchain innovation. However, in many countries, it’s still unclear whether cryptocurrencies are allowed, and if they are, what their status is. So, here’s how the regulation of the cryptocurrency market in Asia is shaping up and what should be expected from governments in the near future. Thoughts from Executive Director at CEX.IO, Konstantin Anissimov.
▶️ Asian countries – China, Singapore and others – are in the middle of a tech arms race. At this point, no one doubts that digital payments are the future and the pandemic, which caused a major economical crisis across the world, has once again proven the importance of digital payments, including cryptocurrencies. To maintain their status as leaders in the tech and finance markets, some Asian countries are implementing measures that will effectively legalize cryptocurrency. That includes China, which, after being overly restrictive just a few years ago, now constantly generates news regarding the possible introduction of its own digital yuan. Konstantin Anissimov shares thoughts about crypto adoption.
▶️ The economic crisis caused by the new coronavirus pandemic has wreaked havoc on most industries and asset classes, with only individual industries and safe-haven assets seeing growing profits. The cryptocurrency market was no different: in February, Bitcoin plunged to $4,850. However, the subsequent price actions for different markets were of many discrepancies. While the Dow Jones Industrial Average was around -3% at the end of August, compared to its year’s high before the pandemic, Bitcoin has been up by 18% in mid-August since its sharp decline in February, having reached $12,400. This is just one demonstrative example and this is one of the points why BTC keeps being an attractive asset for institutional investors. More of that from Konstantin Anissimov.
▶️ While cryptocurrencies have been with us for already some time, it’s still common to read unpleasant stories about banks rejecting crypto payments or freezing accounts for digital asset-related activity. In some cases, your transaction leaves the bank, but you are yet to receive it on your crypto exchange account after waiting several days.
When this happens, people often blame the cryptocurrency exchange first and the bank second. However, instead of wasting time pointing fingers, it’s essential to understand how bank transfers work as banks often act as the bridge between traditional finance and the crypto industry.
By doing so, you can ensure that the transfers from your bank will reach your cryptocurrency exchange account and vice versa. Konstantin Anissimov takes a closer look at this matter.
▶️ Traditionally, here’s is the market analytics from Konstantin Anissimov to help you stay in the loop of the financial market moves and trends:
📈 Crypto market
- Monthly Recap: Ethereum Provides Massive Returns While Bitcoin Remains Dormant
- Bitcoin and Ethereum Remain Dormant, Preparing for Volatility
- Daily Recap: Bitcoin Holds Above $10,200, Ethereum Stops Falling
- Weekly Recap: Bitcoin Remains Dormant While Ethereum Resumes Uptrend
- Bitcoin Breakout While Ethereum Consolidates
- Bitcoin rises above $11,000 while Ethereum remains dormant
- Weekly recap: Bitcoin and Ethereum build the support for another major upswing
- Bitcoin and Ethereum Continue Stagnant, Aiming for Lower Lows
- Whales continue to buy Bitcoin despite uncertainty in the crypto market
💵 Traditional finance
- Technical Analysis: Pound Sterling Shows Massive Strength Vs. Dollar And Euro Throughout August
- Technical Analysis: Pound Sterling Retraces Against The U.S. Dollar, But Rises Against The Euro
- The pound in free fall amid Brexit deal negotiations taking painstaking turn
- Technical Analysis: Pound Sterling Off Its September Lows, Capped Under 1.30
- Pound Sterling Technical Analysis: GBP/USD Finished Above 1.2700, GBP/EUR In Green Above 1.095
😌 Hope you enjoy it. You can also read this and a lot more useful stuff on our Telegram channel. The hottest news, vivid discussions, and some interesting insights and tips — this all we share with our community: 👉 https://t.me/CEX_IO
We’ll be happy to see you there! Stay tuned for more news and see you soon! 🤗