UPD: The contest is extended through May 14!
We look forward to winter’s end, bringing blooming flowers and sunny days. However this winter will be remembered as a substantially warm one for the CEX.IO product ecosystem. We’ve introduced our new trading platform, Exchange Plus. And the word “Plus” is there for good reason. The new platform features more advanced trading tools, and deeper liquidity.
To celebrate this achievement, we’ve decided to add another “Plus” to the equation. Introducing our first Exchange Plus Trading Competition!
From April 18 to May 14, 2023, we invite you to trade on Exchange Plus to compete with other users for a chance to win up to $1,000.
Essentially, our Trading Competition resembles a triathlon, where you compete in three disciplines, and a combined score defines your placement. Instead of cycling, swimming, and running skills, we’ll evaluate your trading turnover, number of transactions, and number of markets traded.
Your trading performance will define how many points you earn, and your position on the leaderboard. But in total, the more you trade, the greater your chances to win. Find more details below.
How can you participate?
Before taking part in the competition, make sure that your CEX.IO account is verified, and that Exchange Plus is available in your country. Then follow these steps to join the fun:
- Register for the competition here.
- Choose your nickname.
- Start trading on Exchange Plus — any trades executed between April 18 and May 14 will accumulate points.
Participants who opt-in to the competition, and execute at least one trade on Exchange Plus during the promotion period, are eligible to win prizes.
In previous competitions, we divided users into groups based on total cumulative points. This time we decided to make it a bit more straightforward, offering the biggest rewards to users who place in the top 10 by overall score. The rewards will be distributed as follows:
- 1st place — $1,000
- 2nd place — $500
- 3rd place — $450
- 4th place— $400
- 5th place — $350
- 6th place —$300
- 7th place — $250
- 8th place — $200
- 9th place — $150
- 10th place — $100
To make the competition a little more interesting for everyone, we will also reward 13 random participants with $100 each.
How do you collect points?
Every day you trade on Exchange Plus, we will measure your performance using three parameters:
- Trading turnover — The funds allocated for all trades.
- Number of transactions — How many trades you made.
- The number of markets — How many pairs you traded.
Depending on how you’re performing, compared to other participants, you will receive a daily score, or points, from 0 to 40 for each parameter. The higher you place in each criterion, the more points you earn that day. 40 points are provided to the trader in first place, 39 for placing second, and so on.
The total points for each day are the sum of your performance according to all three parameters:
Turnover Points + Transaction Points + Market Points = Total Daily Points
Your total daily points add up each day you compete, forming your total cumulative points. In turn, total cumulative points determine your total cumulative ranking, which affects your place on the leaderboard. As such, the more points you collect over time, the higher your place. You can find the leaderboard on the promotion page.
Note: You start with zero points every trading day. If you don’t execute any trades that day, you will end up with zero points. As a result, you may lose your position in the total ranking. Thus endurance and consistency are crucial to moving up the leaderboard, and competing for prizes.
Other rules to note:
- Only orders placed and filled during the Trading Competition period will be taken into account in calculating the total score.
- Participants can trade all pairs available on Exchange Plus.
- We’ll announce winners on our social media channels and Telegram by May 26, 2023.
- Winners will receive prizes in their CEX.IO account balance within 14 business days after the announcement.
- CEX.IO may disqualify participants that are deemed to be illegally bulk registered and/or verified accounts. CEX.IO may disqualify participants without explanation.
- CEX.IO reserves the right to change the dates and terms of the Competition at any time without prior announcement.
Disclaimer: For information purposes only. Not investment or financial advice. Seek professional advice. Digital assets involve risk. Do your own research.