The summer season of Trading Competitions is here! Introducing Summer Biathlon, a contest where different skills can help you win. Whether you trade impressive volumes or not, as long as you trade actively – you can win!
Remember biathlon ⛷where people compete in two disciplines, skiing and shooting, and the combined score defines their placement? Our Summer Biathlon is the same. You get scores for traded volume and scores for the number of trades. The combined score defines your final result.
If you are great at both disciplines — you have a chance to win. If you are great at one and good at another — you have a chance to win. If you excel in one and not really in another — you still have a chance to win. But you have to keep up the pace for the entire distance.
Do your best and win up to a $2,000 prize. Total of 21 cash prizes of different sizes! Grab yours!
Summer Biathlon Dates:
Clear your calendar for some competitive vibes!
Opt-in is open on: June 2
Competition dates: June 9 – 23.
Opt-in is a MUST! Choose the right nickname – do not embarrass your mama! 😉
After you’ve opted in and competition starts, for every day you trade, we will measure two parameters:
- Your Trading volume
- Your Number of transactions (trades)
Depending on how you are doing, compared to other participants, you will get a daily score, or points, from 40 to 0 for each parameter. The higher you place for each track, the higher the score that day. 40 points for placing 1st, 39 for placing second, and so on.
The total points for each day is the sum of your Volume Points and Transactions Points.
Volume Points + Transactions Points = Total Daily Points
Your Total Daily Points add up every day you compete. This makes your Total Cumulative Points, which determine your Total Cumulative ranking. The more points you collect over time – the higher you place.
[Total Daily Points Day 1]+[Total Daily Points Day 2]+…+ [Total Daily Points Day 14] =
Total Cumulative Points
The key to winning? Remember this:
👉 Each day, you will start from a blank slate, getting points on both tracks.
👉 You snooze – you lose. No trading one day – no points that day. So your total ranking lowers.
👉 Start early because you do not want to miss out on the days of points.
How points work: example 🤓
For a number of trades – same deal! But the leaders might be a different group.
Say, you got 37 points for volume and 25 for trades. Your Total Daily Points is 62 out of 80 possible.
On Day 2, you took it up a notch and came 2nd in Volume – 39 points – and 10th in Transactions – 31 points. 70 points for the day AND 132 points in total (62+70).
So, getting the maximum daily points consistently is the game plan and what gets you to the Leaderboard.
You will be able to see your results on the Leaderboard on the Competition page.
The Leaderboard will show the tables:
- Your daily volume and earned points for it
- Your daily number of transactions earned points for it
- Your daily ranking with total points earned on the given day
- Total cumulative ranking and total points
If cumulative points are the same, the trader with the larger cumulative volume takes the higher place.
Based on this info you will be able to estimate your effort to get to the top (if you are not there). And keep an eye on those who are getting too close to you. 🧐
Every day leaders may shuffle depending on the performance of the participants.
However, only the best of the best eventually wins the race.
I’m ready! How do I join the competition? 🏃
To join the contest, you need to:
- Register with your nickname on the Competition page
- Trade DeFi to USD pairs on CEX.IO from June 9 to June 23
- Watch the leaderboard
- Get the reward
Now, the best part. Of course, your efforts will get rewards. There are three types of prizes you can get, depending on how you participate.
- Summer Biathlon Athletes
If you get to the top of the leaderboard — you get your champ cup in the form of a $2,000 reward.
2nd place — gets $1,500
3rd — $1,000
- Lucky Grinders
We love watching the competition go wild, yet we want to award your effort even if you don’t hang around the top-3.
The next 15 prizes will be distributed randomly within separate groups of participants, depending on their final ranking.
1 random winner in each one of the groups:
- 🏆 Group 1: Places 4 to 10. One random winner gets $200
- 🏆 Group 2: Places 11 to 20. One random winner gets $180
- 🏆 Group 3: Places 21 to 30. One random winner gets $160
- 🏆 Group 4: Places 31 to 40. One random winner gets $150
- 🏆 Group 5: Places 41 to 50. One random winner gets $130
- 🏆 Group 6: Places 51 to 60. One random winner gets $120
- 🏆 Group 7: Places 61 to 70. One random winner gets $110
- 🏆 Group 8: Places 71 to 80. One random winner gets $100
- 🏆 Group 9: Places 81 to 90. One random winner gets $80
- 🏆 Group 10: Places 91 to 100. One random winner gets $70
- 🏆 Group 11: Places 101 to 110. One random winner gets $60
- 🏆 Group 12: Places 111 to 120. One random winner gets $50
- 🏆 Group 13: Places 121to 130. One random winner gets $40
- 🏆 Group 14: Places 131 to 140. One random winner gets $30
- 🏆 Group 15: Places 141to 150. One random winner gets $20
Remember, trades or volumes or both – consistency is your superpower.
- News Reporters
Want to have a piece of the action but not sure that trading is in your blood? No worries, we’ve got treats for you, too!
🗣 Go to our Twitter page and retweet the post about this competition. Three random winners will get $100 each 🤑. And, yes, you can win twice if you help us spread the news and trade in competition, too!
Some more rules to note: 👇
1. The competition is running from June 9 to June 23 at 23:59:59 UTC time*.
*We reserve the right to change the date and terms of the contest with the prior announcement.
2. Only trading DeFi to USD pairs qualifies for the competition. Here’s the list of eligible pairs: BAL/USD, COMP/USD, CRV/USD, CVC/USD, DA/USDI, DNT/USD, HOT/USD, KAVA/USD, KNC/USD, LINK/USD, LRC/USD, MKR/USD, OCEAN/USD, REN/USD, RSR/USD, SNX/USD, SRM/USD, STORJ/USD, SUSHI/USD, UMA/USD, UNI/USD, YFI/USD, YFII/USD, ZRX/USD, BAT/USD, COTI/USD, RENBTC/USD, 1INCH/USD.
3. We’ll announce winners on June 25 on our social media pages and Telegram. You will also see the winner on the leaderboard on the Competition page.
4. You receive your prize on your CEX.IO account within 7 business days after we announce the results
5. The competition is available for all customers from the countries where we operate. The list of the unsupported countries is here.
Ready for the Trading Contest Summer Run? Join and show them who’s the champ. You got this!